Monday, November 08, 2004

IT People

I think I've been unfortunate, I've met a lot of people who are in the InfoTech line...ie..the IT people. Like this guy who came into our office today to fix our network problems.

Fantastic guy, he did manage to fix our problems, however, when checking up on various portions of network, he goes, oH yeah..check on the FTP server, I'm like..I AM CLICKING ON THE FTP SERVER...then he goes oh yeah, no check on the FTP Server, then he proceeds to click on the same icon as i did. WOw.Amazing.

Reminds me of a few previous cases. Somehow they all look the same, a little nervous, a little un-suave and always talking in a patronizing, condescending way.

Well done, we are of course IT-idiots. I don't know my HTTP from my HTML?

Case 2: Dad's IT Manager. For some reason, he manages to banish the taskbar from the XP desktop of my dad's laptop. I tried to bring it back, but whenever I click on restore taskbar, the whole thing crashes in an annoying high pitch tone. Of course, Mr Manager Genius, decides to split the laptop hard drive into C and D Drive with C Drive having a capacity of 3o GB and D Drive having only 3 MB! (WHY??) I totally dont' understand, then why do you split the disk? That 3 MB can't do much at all, It's barely a floppy.

Case 1: While working at the biggest architecture firm in Singapore. Our department's vice-president's CPU had a heart-attack and required emergency resuscitation to restore lost, valuable information. Said IT guy, who always reeks of BO, comes running up and after checking here and there, borrows my phone: TO CALL HIS OWN IT HELPDESK!
ARGGGHHH....amazing crap.

So what does this all mean? I have no faith in IT people, except the bengs working in Sim Lim. Now, those people know their shit, don't like to cheat your money and make for friendly conversation and company while you wait for your CPU to be rescued.
Visit them if you need help.

No comments: