Wednesday, November 10, 2004

I Propose


Jimmy Choo Posted by Hello

I've lost count on the amount of shoes I've broken thanks to the pavements in Singapore.

We're world famous for being clean and tourist-friendly.

Well, so much for that. Given the amount if women wearing heels in Singapore, I propose:

A Heel-Friendly Environment.

Perhaps we can start with a few areas, the CBD areas, the Orchard Road Shopping Belts even the airport.

It would be heaven to sink your heeled feet into plush carpetted areas, but of course that's not always practical. All I ask is for well-paved pavements, NO POTHOLES and the doing-away of drain covers that are death traps for stilettos. Also. PLEASE USE ANTI-SLIP floor tiles. My god! The walk from RP Station to Shenton way daily is a test of my heel-walking abilities. I have lost many a good heels to that.

You know, we could ask Charles and Keith and all the other local shoe brands to sponsor this effort.

Now that would then make for something called.

Uniquely Singapore.

No comments: