Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Sayang! Don't give me heart attack!

Happily worked my way to our pretty pretty Changi Airport Terminal 2, Row 12, for check in at the Malaysia Airlines counter for my butt-numbing 15 hour flight to AMSTERDAM! WOOT WOOT!

And of course, drama enthuses!

Girl at Counter (G@C) : Hi Wendy, MAS would like to wish you a happy birthday in advance!
Me: (GLeeefully happy! with images of champagne and free gifts floating around my head) Thank yoU!
G@C: Let me just check for you, window or aisle?
Me: Did my luggage go over?
G@C: No, only 40 kg.
Me: Phew.
G@C: You know that your connecting flight to amsterdam is not confirmed? You are only on standby?
Me: (internal and external) SCREAM!!!! Sayang!Don't give me a hEart Attack like that!
G@C: yes it's a very full flight and you're only on standby
Me: What? what do you mean I'm only on standby? I don't have a seat?
*FRET FRET*
G@C: Why don't you take a seat? I will make some calls and figure it out for you.


I crawl back into one of those stupid plastic chairs at the airport, then i whip out Green Peas. Called my travel agent frantically, and yelled:"THEY SAY THAT MY FLIGHT IS NOT CONFIRMED? WHAT DO YOU MEAN? WHAT DO THEY MEAN? I CAN"T BLEIVE THIS?! I PAID UP 1 MONTH AGO!???! I BOOKED 2 MoNTHS AGOOOO!!!!!!"

More yelling and shouting enthuses...then the agent said...let me speak to the counter girl. Judging by the looks of the G@C, I think the agent was a veritable bitch to talk to. I'm so happy she squirmed. How dare she scare me like that. So more yelling later, a DISSATISFIED agent demanded to talk to the manager in charge. More yelling I'm sure, happened on the other line.

YAY! The girl assures me...
I have a seat..on MH16! Bound for Amsterdam.


buuuttt..

she didn't tell me...I would be SQUUUUSWHED between Faaat, Weight...Elderly people..the entired blardy 13 hours....

Congratulations, Wendy Tan, You've booked yourself a place on a flight home for a bunch of elderly (note, farting/nose picking/burping/beer-gulping..hence frequently peeing) touring Asia.

I wished one of them had a heart attack. At least I would have had some breathing room.

No comments: