Friday, August 04, 2006

New house, New Laptop, New state of mind

It's been a long break from Blogger.
I was angry at your picture uploading speed, It's just such a god-damn hassle, but then again, I might not be doing things right.
 
Welcome my new house, it's 70% done in terms of decorating to my taste, like an uphill slope, you know those last 5% are always a bitch. I am up late at night doing laundry, vaccumming, cleaning and watering my plants, which is crazy but makes me strangely calm. Subscribing to the huisje, boompje, beestje (house, tree, pet...it's dutch, don't ask) mentality after all these years of declaring non-mediocrity.
 
Welcome my new laptop, I finally decided to return to portable computing after reluctantly admitting that my IBM is more than gone and I'm just holding on to a headstone of it. It was so small and so light and so damn cute for it's time, but those times are gone and I'm settling for a powerhouse by ASUS, because I'm an APPLE girl at heart with an ASUS budget and yes...mostly I am cheap. I need to know I'm getting bang for my buck and APPLE, you better make your 700EUR more than just on good looks, even though I know more than anyone good design is frankly worth a lot.
 
Dear Sonia, I hope you are happy where you are and I can't believe that barely a year ago we just left after a nice coffee at International Plaza and you've finally made it out after your long awaited exile on that island.
 
Will try again with pictures soon..thiS is my dream
 

No comments: